Friday, November 8, 2013

Kisses From Katie

If you are ever looking for a good book to read that will inspire you Kisses From Katie is a book I highly recommend. Katie is a young women who went to Uganda on a short term missions trip and it stole her heart. She went back to Uganda for a year to teach and through that time God planted dreams in her heart and she still lives there today. She is the founder of Amazima and is a mom to 13 daughters that she has adopted in Uganda. She continues to give of herself each day to serve and love those around her. She is truly inspirational! 


I would love to share some quotes from her book that have challenged me. 

"My family, adopting these children, it is not optional. It is not my good deed for the day; it is not what I am doing to 'help out these poor kids.' I adopt because God commands me to care for the orphans and widows in their distress. I adopt because Jesus says that to whom much is give, much will be demanded and because whoever finds his life will loose it but whoeverlooses his life for my sake will find it."








No comments:

Post a Comment