Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 in Review

2013 was a great year and I think 2014 is going be even better!!!

2013 in review
  • Over 13 funerals at work
  • A year of country concerts (Paul Brandt, Dean Brody, Terri Clark and Kenny Chesney)
  • Cloverdale Rodeo for May Long
  • Trip to Sask to see friends and church family
  • Seattle trip with Andrea and Steph
  • My niece Braelyn was born in May
  • My sister and brother in-law had their wedding in August
  • I committed to start the adoption process at the end of August
  • Home study visits and it is ready to be signed
  • picked that I was going to adopt from Bulgaria
  • Andrea and I moved into our rental house
  • Started doing respite in April for David

A year ago I wrote:

"Looking forward to 2013. My hopes are that I will throw away the fear and worry in my life and that I will go forward with confidence knowing that God will open and close doors. I am looking at starting the process of adopting or fostering later in the year  as well as continuing to help with the special needs bible study at the church. I know that God is leading me down the road of caring for the orphans and I feel that obedience will be taking steps and allowing God to control the timing.

I am excited to see what 2013 will bring!"

I have started the adoption process and it has been a faith stretching time for me. God has provided each need and continues to show me his provision. I am overwhelmed and humbled by the gifts of people and know that without the support I would not be able to be on this journey.

2014 is going to be a huge year for me as I become a Mom and will be hopefully bringing my son home at the end of this year. I will be going to Bulgaria twice and have the opportunity to go and visit Aiden's orphanage and two missionaries that we contact with. I am looking forward to this year and cannot wait to introduce you all to my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment