Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A New Name!!

Today after 6 years, 2 months and 29 days of not having a Mom to call his own. I am proud and excited to announce that today in a Bulgarian Court I became the Mom of a 7 year old boy.

His new name is: 

Wyatt Timothy Vasil Keno

 Wyatt means strong and brave which I think is appropriate for all he has faced in his short life and the adjustment that is coming for him.

Timothy means to honour God. I love the meaning but the reason I have chosen Timothy is because of a man that I knew with that name. He was a man of God, who loved deeply and encouraged me to follow the desires of my heart. He told me that I would make a difference in the lives of people around me and he was such an honourable man. I am excited to tell Wyatt about Pastor Tim.
Pastor Tim's eldest son and family have adopted a daughter with Downs from Bulgaria as well.

Vasil is the name Wyatt's birth mom gave him at birth although he goes by his nickname.


After 2,281 days he now has a Mom again. Someone to love and protect him. Someone to meet his needs and to introduce him to life outside of an institution.

My heart is full and is full of peace. Now I can't wait until January when I get to go and bring him home forever.

Thank you for your support and love throughout this journey. What a ride it has been some days and I could not have done it without each of you cheering us along. I will be flying to Bulgaria in January to pick him up! We now wait for his adoption decree, birth certificate and part 2 of Immigration to be processed and then I can be on my way to pick him up.

In the coming weeks I will be packing, finishing up at work and getting ready for Wyatt to come home. I have around $2500 left to raise and so make sure you buy some baking and chocolates if you live locally!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Heather! Can't wait to see pics of Wyatt with his Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete